Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It Can't Happen Here

Leah draws my attention to a really scary news item that occurred a little too close to home. As Leah points out, this is the kind of thing that happens when dictators are in power. No one should be harrassed for dissent ever, and certainly not 200 miles from my front door. I wonder what would happen if Wal-Mart found this blog, and I posted something like this:

DUBYA IS A BIG FAT IDIOT!!!

The timer now starts on how long it takes the Secret Service to show up at my door. I'll keep you - heh - posted.

1 comment:

Mike said...

In fairness, Dubya is neither fat nor particularly tall.

But honestly, are we surprised to see First Amendment rights go out the window under this administration? It's like Orwell was right, they just showed up 21 years late.