Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kerr Rental

One of my favorite moments from last night's debate was when retired Brig. Gen. Keith Kerr, a gay man, upbraided the Republican candidates for assuming American soldiers weren't professional enough to accept gay and lesbian soldiers in their units. I jokingly asked whether Kerr could run for president.

Turns out he's not running himself, but he's helping someone else... Hillary Clinton.

Anderson Cooper's taking a lot of heat for allowing this guy to ask a question, but I'm okay with it (just as I'd be okay with a Republican asking a question at a Dem debate). The candidates are running for president of the entire country, not just of one party. They need to be able to answer to people from all parts of the political spectrum.

Though I think it's funny that no one noticed Kerr's affiliation before the debate.

No comments: