Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Don't Go Making Phony Calls

Barnaby first tipped me off to this - ABC News reports that the government isn't just using the phone company records to track terrorists. They're also tracking journalists. Let's hope this story gets legs, because this is wiretap thing is reaching absurd proportions. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy, "What is this, Russia?"

Of course, TV news folks are well-known serial exaggerators. So stay tuned, I'll let you know if any other media outlets pick up the story.

Also, here's an interesting read - the Post's Bill Arkin ably defends the wiretapping programs (sort of). I'm not sure I buy what he's saying for reasons I outlined in the last post, but it's still a good argument.

And a question to ponder: why did the NSA ask for all phone records, instead of just those of actual terrorism suspects?

No comments: