Apparently, some dipshit decided it would be a good idea to protest Israel's overblown response to the Hezbollah attacks by... wait for it... going on a shooting spree at a Jewish center in Seattle.
Let us deconstruct the reasoning of this shooter:
1) Israel is engaging in excessive violence in the Middle East.
2) I need to do something about it.
3) I am located in Seattle, 6700 miles away from the action.
4) The violence is obviously the fault of Jews in Seattle, who are also 6700 miles away from the action.
5) I will therefore demonstrate how wrong violence is by murdering a Seattle Jew.
Note to any potential shooters who are reading this blog: protesting violence with violence makes you a douchebag. For that matter, protesting anything with violence makes you a douchebag.
Update: One would expect this guy to be a Lebanese Shiite Muslim, right? Actually, he's a Pakistani-American convert to Christianity. Michelle Malkin's goofy conspiracy theories aside (spending months at an evangelical church and getting baptized is one hell of a way to "disguise your faith"), it looks like our shooter was really just your everyday run-of-the-mill confused stupid psychopath.
Speaking of douchebags. If you're the son of a Holocaust denier who has never officially repudiated his father's stance on the issue and are planning to produce a mini-series about the Holocaust, don't blame the Jews for all of the world's wars. It might not be good for business.