Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Jeffrey Rosen's Epic Fail

Regarding this hit piece on possible Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, I have no original thoughts. Rather, I'll paraphrase James Downey...

Mr. Rosen, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone at this website is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Greenwald has a far more extensive takedown that's well worth the read.

And a final note: it seems like the innuendo about Sotomayor's "temperament" is a giant dog-whistle, given that she's a working-class Puerto Rican... seriously, can you remember the last time a nominee's "temperament" was even discussed?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice "Billy Madison" reference. That's pretty crazy. I don't have much to add, except that due to the fact that Sotomayor is a Yale grad, she'd be less of a minority than one might expect. (Given that I stole the link from Balko, I'm assuming you've probably already seen it. Still, found it interesting.)