Monday, December 01, 2008

Your Random Monday Cocktail Suggestion

Since some other bloggers out there like to give drink recipes on Mondays, I'll entertain you with the random drink I came up with over the weekend that may or may not be good (Danielle and I both liked it though)...

1.5 oz apple brandy
1.5 oz Frangelico
~0.5 oz Sprite

Put it on the rocks and serve. I call it the Dirty Monk, but other name suggestions (and variations) are welcome.


Jacob said...

Yay, glad to see the Monday Mixology spreading. Interesting combination. Did you use American or French apple brandy?

I'll give this a try sometime, but with fresh squeezed citrus and simple syrup in place of Sprite. It's all about the freshness, man!

Jeff said...

It was American - Virginia I think.

I probably won't be a regular, as a) my bar is far from well-stocked, and b) I don't have the money or the gumption to stock it well (and I'm not sure I could since NC's a control state - I haven't seen apple brandy in my ABC store). I happened to be somewhere where there was a well-stocked bar when I came up with that.

Whimsicalife said...

It was Captain Apple Jack Apple Brandy, bottled by Virginia Fruit Branding Distilling Co. in Eatontown, NJ. 100 proof.