Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Quick Note

Happy belated Dr. King Day. For a good post on that subject, read Mike's blog. I don't have much to add, except that there's gotta be more ways we could honor someone who is certainly on most people's Top 5 List of greatest Americans. Perhaps paying more attention to poor people. Yeah, that might work.

Also, I heard this from the most reliable journalistic source I know - the Colbert Report: Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) apparently dropped the I-bomb in an interview with George Stephanopolous. It was with respect to the wire-tapping thing, and he suggested that if the President had broken the law there, one of the ways of dealing with it could be impeachment. Of course, illegal wire-tapping has lead to impeachment hearings before (Nixon), so it's not totally unexpected, but still. Dude's a Republican. Not your stereotypical member of the "Impeach Bush" crowd (which I consider joining more and more each day).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't until well into the second paragraph that you wrote "i-bomb" and not "L-bomb," which I assumed to mean "lesbian." I was so confused.