Thursday, September 08, 2005

More Hurricane-Related Incompetence

The Salt Lake Tribune brings our attention to another reason why FEMA management should be slapped silly. I have this macabre, Catch-22-style scene in my head right now - a firefighter comes across a family that needs to be rescued, hands them a flier with FEMA's number on them, says something like "if you need anything, that's the number to call, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to do more," and leaves.

I draw your attention also to this line from the end of the article:

"But as specific orders began arriving to the firefighters in Atlanta, a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew's first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas."

Now I doubt Bush himself is going to be going on any rescue missions in southern Mississippi or Louisiana. So there are fifty less people out there looking for people who need rescuing so President Bush can make himself look good.

What a clusterfuck.

Thanks to Zhubin for the link.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Fox Gagcasts
It was mentioned before here on TVSquad about two months ago but I evidentially missed it becasue if I had seen it I would have known better.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a start home business site/blog. It pretty much covers start home business related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Whimsicalife said...

Wow. And I thought *I* was getting quite a bit of blog spam...

Jeff said...

I got rid of the first two, but the second two were just so hilariously incompetent that I thought I had to leave them.

I wonder if people get paid to comment spam...

Mike said...

I wonder how I've managed to avoid the comment spam so far... (maybe by not posting often enough)

As far as the actual post goes, I too can see very Milo-esque "what's good for the syndicate" aspects of that whole plan. But then again, if the order came from the head of FEMA, I'm sure he was informed by his experience at the Arabian Horse Association.