Sunday, September 11, 2005

What Was Today, Again?

I was cruising away messages today when I noticed that Zhubin had posted the following (yes, I still away-message stalk Zhubin)...

"There's something important about today...but I can't quite remember it...

Oh, right! Season premiere of Simpsons and Family Guy!"

The most obvious sign that terror has failed is the fact that today's anniversary has gotten scant if any notice from anyone.

All catastrophes fade into memory. It's tough to notice Andrew's mark on South Florida anymore. New York is back to obsessing over how to beat the Red Sox. With time, New Orleans will be back to playing jazz and eating red beans and rice. When we help each other get by, Americans can be a pretty resilient bunch.

3 comments:

Ben said...

If there's anyone who's worthy of away-message stalking, it's Zhubin.

Where did you get that Word Verification option? I want that!

Jeff said...

Ben - it's in your blog settings. Click the settings tab and you should see a little radio button part of the way down the list of settings. Jacob pointed that out to me.

Zhubin said...

Aw, you're too kind. And I appreciate you reading a smart critique of terrorism's effectiveness into a rather lame off-hand joke.